Delicious Fruity Blueberry Muffins
Holy crapola are these blueberry muffins delicious! To be honest, I didn’t think much of them to minute they came out the oven and I tucked in, as I always do *blush!* But it seems as though, the longer you can manage to stay away from these, the more delicious they get.
I certainly wouldn’t eat them on the day they are made. The day after, or the day after that they’re the best. Or, if you can handle to make the batter and cover it and leave it in the fridge overnight to marinate. That way, they’d be best. I doubled the recipe so with double, the recipe called for 300g blueberries and I used 350g. Half normal, and half I smashed up…. nom!
Take your stress out on the blueberries! You will squish down mutha-forker! Then I’ll eat you and your brains. Mmmm, brains, sweet juicy brains!
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 16-20 mins
Yield: approx. 16 muffins
- 150g (5oz) fresh or dried blueberries
- 100g (4oz) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 300g (11oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140ml (¼ pint) milk
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract then fold in the flour and baking powder to make a thick batter.
- Divide the blueberries into 2 and with a fork squish half then fold in the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 16-30 mins at 160°C (325°F or gas mark 3). – My blueberry muffins were cooked after just 16 minutes by testing with a cocktail stick
- Leave the blueberry muffins to cool in the tray for 10 mins before turning out.
Happy blueberry smashing! Enjoy!