This Blueberry Mug Muffin is quick & easy to make, and will curb those breakfast hunger pangs. Sweet plump blueberries in a delicately spiced muffin made in the microwave in less than 5-minutes.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Happy Saturday, friends. I hope you’re enjoying the weekend so far?
As you know from my recent posts, my kiddos have been off school for the Easter holidays, aka. Spring break. They go back to school on Monday.
As a single parent, I can safely say these past 2 weeks have been massively hectic and stressful.
I love having them here. It means morning lie-ins now they’re older (whoop!), but it also sucks all my time away, which means less time for making desserts (boo!)
That’s how this Blueberry Mug Muffin was born…
Out of sheer desperation for a decent breakfast when you’re that busy that time is limited to an all time low!
Usually when I’m too busy, I just skip breakfast altogether. That’s bad, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they say.
All you need for this blueberry mug muffin is a few staple ingredients, a small amount of blueberries, and around 5 minutes of your time.
There’s no excuse for me to skip breakfast now!
This blueberry mug muffin has sweet plump blueberries throughout the batter. The muffin itself is delicately spiced with warming cinnamon, but the cinnamon is optional.
I could totally get into a habit of eating one of these blueberry mug muffins every. single. day!
I make these blueberry mug muffins and chocolate brownies in a mug for my kids all the time. Not only for breakfast, but as a quick snack when the hunger pangs strike.
Blueberry Mug Muffin
Yield: 1 mug muffin
Prep Time:4 minutes
Cook Time:1 minute
This Blueberry Mug Muffin is quick & easy to make. Sweet plump blueberries in a delicately spiced muffin made in the microwave in less than 5-minutes.
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- pinch salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour, see notes
- 3-4 tbsp fresh blueberries
- Add the butter to a mug and melt in the microwave for around 10-30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla, milk, and egg and beat with a fork until well combined.
- Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon (optional), and flour and beat again until smooth.
- Gently fold half the blueberries in the batter and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, top with the remaining blueberries and cook for a further 1 minute 10 seconds to 1 minute 50 seconds, depending on your microwave power.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for around 10-15 minutes before serving. Best served warm.
If you don't have any self-raising flour on hand, substitute with plain (all-purpose) flour and add an additional ¼ tsp baking powder.
Top with a blueberry or lemon compote, whipped cream, nuts, or a sprinkling of vanilla sugar.
Love blueberries? You’ll love these recipes:
Do you have any super quick breakfast recipes? If so, I’d love to hear about them.