Desperately craving some brownies but haven’t got the time or energy to bake up a batch? Make this deliciously fudgy Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake instead. Have you brownie and eat it in less than 5 minutes, from start to finish!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Happy May guys! It’s May Day too!
I love the month of May. Not only because it’s my birthday on the 24th ( 😉 ), but because it has the best of both worlds. The transition from beautiful Spring to a sizzling Summer (and usually without the humidity and not overbearingly hot).
… if overbearingly hot were even a thing here in England! 😆
And this Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake can be enjoyed whatever the weather.
No preheating the oven in the middle of Summer and making your home even more hotter, just pop this mug cake in the microwave for 1 minute and you’re ready to roll!
Or, if it’s cold, think of curling up in front of the fire with a spoon, diving into your brownie mug cake. Even better if accompanied with a thick rich hot chocolate!
This Brownie Mug Cake is rich, moist, fudgy and delicious. Studded throughout with chocolate chips that melt slightly in the microwave. Not to mention the gooey chocolate chip layer on the top too. Oh boy.
I love the fact that I can make myself (and the kids – dude, they lovvvveeee these brownies) a chocolate brownie mug cake in less than 5 minutes.
Not only that, but…
- there’s no mahoosive pan of leftovers to tempt me,
- only a few basic ingredients needed,
- barely any pots to wash – everything is done in the mug,
- the recipe is foolproof.
I’m participating in Mug Cake Monday during May with some other food bloggers. I will be posting a new Mug Cake recipe each Monday throughout the month of May.
Participating bloggers recipes:
Fancy joining in on #MugCakeMonday? Give me a holla’.
Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Yield: 1 mug cake
Prep Time:3 minutes
Cook Time:1 minute
Desperately craving some brownies? Make this deliciously fudgy Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake instead. Have you brownie and eat it in less than 5 minutes!
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (26g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15g) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 medium egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour, see notes
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips
- Place the butter in a 250ml (1 cup) sized cup or mug, and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted.
- Add both sugars, cocoa powder and beat using a fork until combined.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla, flour and salt and beat again until thoroughly combined.
- Stir through half of the white and dark chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 seconds, then scatter the remaining chocolate chips over the top and return back to the microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool a little before serving.
- If your microwave has a power of less than 800W, increase the first cooking time from 30 seconds to 50 seconds. The second cooking period remains at 30 seconds.
- Don't have self-raising flour? Substitute with plain (all-purpose) flour and add an additional ¼ tsp of baking powder.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for 2 mug cakes.
What cake would you like to see a mug version of?