Chocolate Funfetti Cake Batter Krispie Treats
If you haven’t seen already, I’ve started a new weekly link party. Checkout Sugar & Slice Sunday.
I’m having this love affair with cake batter at the minute. It’s no secret that I love that flavour. I became a little intrigued by Funfetti cake mixes a few months back. We don’t get anything ‘Funfetti’ in the UK so I decided to not only see what it was like, but to attempt to replicate the flavour of cake batter without the need for cake box mixes.
I may be completely wrong here but all the Funfetti cake batters, whether that’s cookies, fudge, ice cream and so never include chocolate. I felt the need for that cake batter taste again last night but I wanted chocolate too. What was a girl to do? So I married them both together and created some chocolate funfetti cake batter rice krispie treats and man, are they goooood!
Instead of using actual rice krispies, for the chocolate flavour I decided to use Coco Pops (Cocoa Krispies). And for the cake batter flavours, all that’s needed is some vanilla and almond extracts. The melted marshmallow aroma was so amazing. It also took on some of the chocolate from the coco pops too. Yummo!
These chocolate cake batter krispie treats are so quick and easy to make and taste amazing. They certainly hit the spot with me. Family visited too and helped themselves. They’ve already put in their next order for some.
I even weighed out my ingredients and converted cups to grams so everyone can get in on the action too. Enjoy!
Chocolate Cake Batter Krispie Treats Recipe
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:5 mins
Yield: 13x9in pan
- 45g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 10oz marshmallows
- 390g (6 cups) coco pops (cocoa krispies) cereal
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g (½ cup) rainbow jimmie sprinkles
- 2 tbsp rainbow nonpareils sprinkles (or jimmie sprinkles)
- Grease or spray a 13×9 inch pan with non stick spray.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over a low heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and almond extracts then immediately add the coco pops (cocoa krispies). Stir until well coated.
- Mix in the sprinkles and evenly press the mixture into the pan either using a greased spatula or parchment paper. Evenly sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles on the surface pressing into the mixture slightly to adhere.
- Allow to cool then cut into 2″ squares.
I link up to these link parties.