Christmas Tree Cookies
This is my last post before Christmas and that’s not far off now, just 30 minutes to go! 😀
The children are fast asleep snuggled in their cosy beds. Santa will be soon and will discover those indulgent brownie cookies I made especially for him.
The kids will be up at the butt crack of dawn asking if Santa’s been. ‘Of course he’s been’ *wipes sweat from brow* I’ll tell them watching their faces lighting up as they discover all the presents that mysteriously seemed to arrive overnight. *wipes more sweat off brow*
The turkey is in the oven, as it has done over the past 6 hours on the lowest oven heat – yay for tender juicy turkey! All the vegetables are prepped and I even made the giblet gravy today too. Organised mama (and giant man-baby) to the rescue!
I’mma looking forward to those brussel spouts, baby! 😉
I’ve also put a nice nibble spread on the sidebar. Yes, I’m old school. Nuts, chocolate, cookies, fruits, dried fruits, and even more cookies. Oh and did I mention beer too?
Last year I received this awesome cookie press from my parents that I’d asked for. I used it last year and packed it away and had completely forgotten about it. Then I saw Marcie’s recipe for her cookie press Christmas trees butter cookies. I just had to dig out my press and try them.
I adapted the recipe to exclude the almond extract and added a little extra vanilla to create vanilla butter cookies instead. I’m glad I tried this recipe out, it’s perfect consistency for my cookie press and most importantly, utterly delicious.
Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6-9 mins
Yield: 26+ cookies
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- green gel or paste food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180/350/Gas Mark 5 and line 2 baking trays with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix until combined and gradually mix in the flour and add the food colouring.
- Load the dough into a cookie press as per manufacturers instructions and press cookies onto the baking trays allowing 2cm between cookies.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes until the edges start to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from I Gotta Try That
If you’re reading this far, congratulations.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo I really appreciate those of you that stop by, read and/or comment… Thank you.
I link up to these link parties.