These Christmas Tree Cookies are a made using a delicious vanilla butter cookie recipe, and shaped using a cookie press. A festive fun cookie recipe that’s super quick and easy to make.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Christmas Tree Cookies – Vanilla Butter Cookies
This is my last post before Christmas and that’s not far off now, just 30 minutes to go! 😀
The children are fast asleep snuggled in their cosy beds. Santa will be soon and will discover those indulgent brownie cookies I made especially for him. 🙂
The kids will be up at the butt crack of dawn asking if Santa’s been. ‘Of course he’s been’ *wipes sweat from brow* I’ll tell them watching their faces lighting up as they discover all the presents that mysteriously seemed to arrive overnight. *wipes more sweat off brow*
The turkey is in the oven, as it has done over the past 6 hours on the lowest oven heat – yay for tender juicy turkey! All the vegetables are prepped and I even made the giblet gravy today too. Organised mama (and giant man-baby) to the rescue!
I’mma looking forward to those brussel spouts, baby! 😉
Cookie Press Recipe
I’ve also put a nice nibble spread on the sidebar. Yes, I’m old school. Nuts, chocolate, cookies, fruits, dried fruits, and even more cookies. Oh and did I mention beer too?
Last year I received this awesome cookie press from my parents that I’d asked for. I used it last year and packed it away and had completely forgotten about it. Then I saw Marcie’s recipe for her cookie press Christmas trees butter cookies. I just had to dig out my press and try them.
I adapted the recipe to exclude the almond extract and added a little extra vanilla to create vanilla butter cookies instead. I’m glad I tried this recipe out, it’s perfect consistency for my cookie press and most importantly, utterly delicious.
Christmas Tree Cookies (Vanilla Butter Cookies)
Yield: 26+ cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Christmas Tree Cookies - Made using a delicious vanilla butter cookie recipe, and shaped using a cookie press. A festive fun cookie recipe that's super quick and easy to make.
- 225g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 115g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 285g (2¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- green gel food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5, and line 2 baking trays with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix until combined and gradually sift in the flour. Add the food colouring, a little at a time mixing on low between, until a leaf green shade.
- Load the dough into a cookie press as per manufacturers instructions, see notes. Press cookies onto the baking trays allowing 2cm between cookies for spreading.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes until the edges just start to slightly brown. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft straight from the oven. This is normal.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
To load the dough into the cookie press, add the dough onto parchment paper and use the parchment paper to roll the dough into a sausage wide enough to fit into your cookie press, then assemble your cookie press per manufacturers instructions.
If you’re reading this far, congratulations. 🙂
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! xoxo I really appreciate those of you that stop by, read and/or comment… Thank you.