Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies
Happy ‘Funfetti’ Friday folks. That’s right, I’m declaring Friday’s as Funfetti day. It’s not actually a national thing, I just made it up!
Last month, I brought to you some no box/cake mix funfetti cake batter fudge. As I explained before, we don’t get funfetti cake mix boxes here in the UK. Instead of using a box mix, I’d prefer to make from scratch. I knew straight after creating the funfetti cake batter fudge that this is a new craze for me. I love the taste and the sprinkles make me happy.
As autumn has its grips over us now, there has been a lot to be desired with our weather. Dude, can we say rain?! I’ve needed these sprinkles as part of therapy in order to make my life complete again. Yay for sprinkle therapy!
These cookies look and taste awesome. I love the way they replicate the taste of cake batter without the need for any cake mixes. Win win! The recipe itself is very simple and easy to create. The cookies went down an utter storm. Most things get devoured quickly but these were gone almost immediately!
I needed even more sprinkle therapy when I realised the giant man-baby had eaten quite a lot of these cookies without me having had the chance to photograph them first. I’mma bust his butt!
Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies Recipe
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
Yield: 20-25 cookies
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup cornflour (corn starch)
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup rainbow ‘jimmie’ sprinkles
- 2 tbsp rainbow ‘nonpareils’ sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 190℃/375℉/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla, almond, and egg. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cornflour (corn starch), bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and continue on low speed until combined. Mix in the sprinkles (don’t over mix as the sprinkles will bleed their colours).
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets, approx. 1½ inches apart (8 cookies per sheet). Bake for approx 10-15 minutes or until a very light golden brown colour.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
I link up to these link parties.