If you love cake batter anything, you’ll love this Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow (aka. Muddy Buddies). The chex cereal and sprinkles adds a crispy touch to the delicious cake batter flavour. The perfect snack to take to the movies, or snack on anytime.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
It was my birthday on Tuesday. I hit my mid thirties! I really wasn’t happy reaching this milestone in my age, but it’s not too bad. I’m still young. I keep telling myself that.
However, I do feel old, but that’s probably down to the arthritis I have, right? 😆
Speaking of my arthritis, it’s bad at the moment. A while back, I mentioned that I’d come off my hospital meds as I wasn’t happy with the doctor I’ve seen for over 10 years. She always talks down to me and the last time I had spoken to her, she made me cry. So enough was enough!
My GP has finally referred me back and I should get a different doctor. Here’s hoping!
As my bones wasn’t really up for making a cake, I wanted something super quick and easy to make that tasted like cake! Who doesn’t like cake?
As I’d already covered a lot of Funfetti cake batter goodies…
- Funfetti cake batter fudge,
- Funfetti cake batter ice cream,
- Funfetti cake batter cookies,
- Funfetti chocolate cake batter krispie treats.
I decided to opt for Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow.
And I’m super happy I did make it. They taste amazing!
You can really taste the cake batter in this recipe, and the white chocolate really compliments that flavour too. The Chex cereal and the sprinkles add a nice crunch to the smooth cake batter flavoured white chocolate.
It’s definitely a birthday party in your mouth!
Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow
Yield: about 7 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
This Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow (aka. Muddy Buddies) is quick and easy to make. The Chex cereal and the sprinkles add a crunch to the smooth cake batter flavoured white chocolate.
- 135g (5 cups) Chex cereal, see notes
- 285g (10oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 95g (¾ cup) cake mix
- 30g (¼ cup) icing (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 40g (¼ cup) rainbow sprinkles
- Measure out the Chex cereal into a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, sift the cake mix and icing sugar together, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate using either the double boiler method, or in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second bursts until smooth. See notes if you're unsure how to do this.
- Pour the white chocolate over the Chex cereal, gently stirring, until coated.
- Once the cereal is coated, add the sprinkles, and cake mix/icing sugar mixture into the bottom of a large food-safe bag-I used a large freezer bag. Seal the bag with air in it (it helps with coating), and shake the bag until the cake mix and sugar mix coats the chocolate coated cereal.
- Allow to set before serving. This can be sped up in the fridge or even faster in the freezer. Once set, just give it a little shake to help separate any cereal that may have set stuck together.
- If you're in the UK or a country that doesn't have Rice Chex cereal, that's OK. I used a wheat based cereal here called Shreddies. It's just as good.
- Ensure the large bowl for the cereal is large enough with some room left over and isn't full with cereal. If it is, transfer the cereal to a larger bowl as my cereal tried to escape the bowl when trying to stir to coat the cereal. I learnt this the hard way!
- When melting chocolate and using the double boiler method, add a little water (1-2 inches) to a saucepan and allow it to start simmering. Once simmering, add a heat-proof bowl large enough to sit on top without touching the water and add your chopped chocolate. Allow it to sit, stirring occasionally, until melted.
Converted from Ashlee Marie