Giant Double Chocolate Cookie
A big hello to all you wonderful Sweet 2 Eat Baking readers.
I’m so glad to be here to help out Lisa, I’ve been reading her blog for a good couple of years and have always loved her recipes and her incredibly beautiful photographs. In fact it was Lisa’s blog that inspired me to start my own, so I’m incredibly excited to be guest posting for her.
Now I love me some cookies, I truly do. If you saw how many notches my scales have gone up in the last 6 months you have to agree, but sometimes I don’t want to bake up a whole batch (usually 24+ cookies) or experience the sugar induced coma I no doubt put myself in my attempting to eat them all fresh out of the oven.
So I thought ‘Do I really need to bake a big batch, could I not bake just one?’
So that’s what I did.
Okay, So yes it is a giant cookie. Bigger than my own hand but that’s better than 24 regular sized cookies making their way into my tummy.
This cookie hit the spot. All crispy on the edges but nice and fudgy in the middle.
Mmmmm, my kind of a cookie and I know you’re all going to crazy for it as well.
I did purposely use a white chocolate that would melt in the oven because that marbling is just so pretty but feel free to use proper baking white chocolate that will retain it’s shape if you want to.
Giant Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Prep Time:10-15 mins
Cook Time:14-15 mins
Yield: 1 giant cookie
- 25g (2 tbsp) butter
- 25g (2 tbsp) caster sugar
- 25g (2 tbsp) dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 35g (¼ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 15g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 50g (⅓ cup) white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/350℉/Gas Mark 5, and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Then in a bowl beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl lightly beat a medium egg, add 2 tablespoons of the egg to your mixing bowl and beat until fully combined, followed by the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into you mixing bowl and stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped white chocolate and then drop the cookie dough into the centre of you lined baking sheet.
- Make sure the cookie dough is piled into a tallish pile so that it doesn’t spread to much during baking and bakes nice and thick.
- Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Once baked you will have to wait till the cookie fully cools to eat it (unless you can handle it all ooey gooey).
Sally’s Baking Addiction – 1 XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie
Tash is the girl behind The Velvet Moon Baker blog.
She is a 23 year old Essex native, now baking and living in the weather wild Donegal Countryside with himself and their little poppet.
She uses her blog to spread her baking wings and tells you all about it with a little real life thrown in for good measure.
Thank you Tash for this delicious guest post. Don’t forget to checkout more of Tash’s post on her blog, The Velvet Moon Baker.
Want to contribute a dessert or sweet treat recipe post on Sweet 2 Eat Baking?
Why not submit a guest post?
I link up to these link parties.