Hearts aren’t just for Valentine’s Day and these tasty biscuits are so easy to make that it’s hard not to give them a try.
Almond Biscuit Recipe
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:8 mins
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g white caster sugar
- 1 large free range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 275g plain white flour
- 400g icing sugar
- food colouring
- sugar flower
Pre-heat the oven to 190℃/375℉. Make sure you have all the right kitchen equipment to hand.
- Baking tray,
- non-stick baking paper,
- mixing bowl,
- cookie cutter,
- wire rack,
- Line the baking tray with the non-stick paper.
- Mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract, bit by bit, until fully mixed in then stir in the flour until it becomes doughy.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to around 1cm thick and use the cookie cutter to create the shape, carefully placing them on the baking tray.
- Leave in the oven for 8-12 minutes, remove, then leave for 5 minutes. After that, leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and add the recommended amount of water. Add colouring.
- Use a knife or palette to smooth the icing onto the cooled biscuits and add the sugar flower before it sets.
Replace the icing with melted chocolate if you’re more of a cocoa fiend!
Disclosure: This article is a sponsored guest post.