Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
Or rather, “Raspberry and White Chocolate Chunk Muffins”. These pupsters have rather large-ish chunks of white chocolate in them. Gives them an incredible bite! Imagine you’ve opened a bar of white chocolate then snapped off a segment. Well, that segment has been chopped into half and used in these raspberry and white chocolate muffins. Not only that, the raspberries in these muffins have also been halved. It’s like a party in your mouth to bite into these bad boys and discover the chunky chocolate and halved raspberry pieces.
The weather has really cooled down, a lot! I’m again walking around with a perma cold nose, hands and feet. Not to mention sweatshirt too and still cold. I’m very close to putting the dreaded heating on. I’ve been called ‘doggy nose’ in the past because my nose is cold in mild weathers.
But then there’s nothing more cosy that enjoying a muffin snuggled up on the sofa in front of the fire. Even better when you’re favourite programme is on TV too.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins Recipe
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 300g plain/all-purpose flour
- 150g caster/super-fine sugar (you can use granulated)
- 225ml milk
- 50g butter
- approx. 110g white chocolate
- approx. 100g raspberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/350℉/Gas Mark 5.
- Half the raspberries and chop chocolate into large chunks (approx. half the size of a regular chunk in a bar).
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir sugar into flour mixture.
- Melt the butter. (very easy to melt in the microwave for approx. 30 seconds).
- In a separate bowl, add the egg then whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and the melted butter. Stir in the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
- Fold in the raspberries and white chocolate chunks using a metal spoon. Be careful not to be too rough, raspberries are damaged easily.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a muffins are risen and firm.
I love me some chunkiness to my muffins, how do you enjoy yours?
I link up to these link parties.