This Raspberry Yogurt Parfait is perfect for hot summer days like today. It’s healthy too with only 2-3 ingredients needed, and made in under 5 minutes!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Healthy Natural Raspberry Yoghurt Parfait
You may remember me complaining a few weeks back how we, UK peeps, haven’t had a summer yet. In fact, all it did was rain.
I take that back! It’s hot, hot, HOT now, and we don’t have air con here! *wafts self frantically*
Well, nowhere as near as hot as Americana though, but with so little warmer weather to acclimatise to, us Brits just aren’t used to it.
To picture a typical British summer, think of the latter side of a middle aged man, complete with beer belly [and quite possibly a hairy back] sporting a tank top complete with lobster red skin. Mmm, sexy… NOT! That’s pretty much what we see as soon as the sun manages to work its way through the rain clouds. It’s not a pretty site at all.
Not to fear, I can make it all better for you with a no bake, healthy, 3 ingredient treat. And all this in under 5 minutes flat. Yes please!
Never in this world would I consider myself a healthy person. I mean, have you ever seen the rest of my blog posts? 😉 Ha!
Especially the Marshmallow Fluff based Monster Cookies with a bucketload of different candies. Eeps!
But I do have a slight obsession with yogurt. I literally love every single type/flavour (except coffee-yuck!), and even have a yogurt maker.
That’s how I came up with this idea for a summer cooling Raspberry Yogurt Parfait recipe. I wanted something quick and easy, that doesn’t make you break into a sweat to make, that’s nice and cold to eat with a flavour of summer.
I used frozen raspberries as I wanted to coat them in sugar – when they start to thaw, the sugar makes them glossy. But that’s completely optional and you can use fresh raspberries, or whatever berries you fancy.
All the ingredients you need:
- Any natural yogurt (whether shop bought or home made)
- Raspberry conserve or jam
There are no specific measurements in the recipe below as it’s easier to just eyeball it when mixed to ensure you added enough conserve to your desired taste.
Raspberry Yogurt Parfait
This Raspberry Yogurt Parfait is perfect for hot summer days like today. It's healthy too with only 2-3 ingredients needed, and ready in under 5 minutes!
- Low fat natural yogurt
- Raspberry conserve
- Fresh or frozen raspberries, optional
- Granulated sugar, optional
- Optional - Turn the glass upside down and wet the rim equally and dip into plain or coloured sugar. I didn’t do this step but wished I had after.
- If using a wine glass, place a few raspberries at the bottom. For flat bottomed glasses, jars, etc. place enough raspberries to cover the bottom. Spoon enough natural yogurt into the bottom to cover the raspberries to create a layer.
- In a small bowl, spoon some natural yoghurt and add some natural conserve and stir to combine. Add more conserve if necessary to your taste. I used around 5 level dessert spoons of natural yogurt and 2 semi-heaped spoons of raspberry conserve to my taste.
- Spoon out the raspberry yogurt on top of the natural yogurt to make alternating layers of mixed and unmixed yogurts, ensuring that when you nearly reach the top, the last layer is unmixed natural yogurt.
- Roll the raspberries in sugar and place one (or more) on top of the parfait. Don't add too many though, they'll sink if you do - optional.
- Feel free to mix it up with different flavour conserves. Or if you don't have any conserves in, gently simmer the fruit with some sugar on the stovetop until the juices start to thicken, and stir in a small amount of cornflour (cornstarch) to make your own fruit fillings. Blueberry and lemon sounds delicious.
- It's completely option whether you want to use fruit rolled in sugar. If using fresh fruit, damped slightly and then roll in the sugar. Frozen fruit will already be damp from thawing.
What’s your favourite treat to enjoy on a hot summer day?