Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Magic Bars
It’s got to the stage in my relationship where I don’t even notice other men anymore. That means I’ve also lost that ‘single sense’ when you realise other men are noticing me. Maybe I should be pronounced legally dead?!
Picture me doing a mahoosive food shop, I somehow manage to pick out the worlds wonkiest shopping trolley and to top it off I’m wearing a knitted hat and a duck down filled jacket because It was cold outside but suddenly pushing what equates to 11 elephants, I’m not so cold anymore!
My face must’ve been beet red from sweating and struggling with my trolley. I’m even nearly out the door when I hear “Hi babe.” I didn’t even look up, then “you alright?” so I looked up and there’s this young lad probably 21-22 smiling at me. He was wearing a shell suit top, sports bottoms, trainers (sneakers) and a baseball cap (aka. a chav).
Why the heck do I always attract young lads? And not just any young lads but the bling bling ‘think they’re all sooo cool’ lads?!
This got me thinking, I’m not against box mixes but I’ve always imagined the ‘cool chavy kids’ would never bake from scratch. Not that I’ve ever noticed one of these peeps within half a mile radius of the baking aisle! But if I did, I’d be betting my life they were heading there for the ready make pancakes (hello… eggs, flour and milk!) and box mixes.
But I’m betting they wouldn’t have thought up to create something as wonderful as Hayley at The Donestic Rebel did…
Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Magic Bars. For this alone, I love you Hayley.
Red Velvet Cookies & Cream Magic Bars
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:20-25 mins
Yield: 13x9in pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 OREOS, coarsely crushed
- 20-25 cookies & cream Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped (see notes)
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- (optional) Wilton cookies & cream sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180℃/350℉/Gas Mark 5. Line a 13×9″ baking pan with foil and lightly mist with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately top with the crushed Oreos, unwrapped Kisses, and sprinkles in an even layer. Drizzle evenly with the sweetened condensed milk and return the pan to the oven. Continue baking for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Once baked, allow to cool in the pan until room temperature before cutting into squares.
- Store leftovers airtight, at room temperature, for several days.
Cookies n’ cream Hershey’s kisses are available to buy in ASDA in the UK.
I link up to these link parties.