Reindeer Poop Peanut Butter Balls – A recipe from kids, for kids. Peanut butter flavoured poop… What’s not to love? Your kids will love forming their dough into reindeer poop!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Reindeer Poop Peanut Butter Balls
It’s that time of the year when you find yourself knee deep in wrapping paper, sticky tape, gift tags and Christmas cards.
You whine that your hand aches after writing up what seems like 1,836,793,375 cards. Or the fact that there isn’t even an inch of hiding space left in your home.
The mood you’re in after finding yourself lost at sea from the hysterical masses of people squeezed into the stores all in so much of a rush, you’d think there were a race!
The panic buying peeps clearing shelves. Even the apocalyptic queue at the petrol station.
But in reality, none of that matters. Love does. The love from your family and friends.
To me, Christmas time is all about family and friends coming together, supporting, caring and cherishing their families company.
This has been shattered for the victims’ families, friends and the community by the tragic events in Newton, CT. Their lives will never be the same again! My heart aches for them each day.
I didn’t want this post to be all sad. I chose to celebrate the lives. That’s why I chose an easy, fun recipe from the minds of children, for children of all ages will love… Reindeer Poop.
Seriously, this Reindeer Poop Peanut Butter Balls is so easy, even the young ones can get involved too!
All you need is butter, peanut butter, and icing (confectioners’) sugar. Which is then mixed into a dough and formed by the hands of your little ‘elf’ people. 🙂
I mean, what child would not giggle at the silliness of making reindeer poop? My children loved getting into the action! And of course, they get a tasty treat after! What’s not to love?
Reindeer Poop Peanut Butter Balls
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:2 minutes
Reindeer Poop Peanut Butter Balls - A recipe from kids, for kids. Peanut butter flavoured poop... What's not to love? Your kids will love forming their dough into reindeer poop!
- 85g (¼ cup + 2 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 190g (¾ cup) smooth peanut butter
- 225g (1¾ cup) icing (powdered) sugar
- 265g (1½-2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- Add the butter, peanut butter into a mixing bowl and beat until combined.
- Sift the icing (powdered) sugar and add a little at a time until incorporated and beat until a dough forms.
- Divide into two balls and place each in a freezer bag or cover with plastic wrap. Flatten and place in the freezer for a max of 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each until melted and smooth. Add the shortening and stir until melted.
- Remove half the dough from the freezer and roll into imperfect balls or sausages (I know it’s hard peeps, but think reindeer poop! ?) Working quickly, did the peanut butter balls until coated allowing excess chocolate to drip off and place on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Chill in the fridge until set and hard and serve.
If your chocolate starts setting up before you finish dipping your reindeer poop, just pop it back in the microwave and heat in 10 second bursts until fluid again.