Spiced Chewy Oat & Sultana Cookies
Don’t you just hate rude people? It especially bugs me when people are rude but don’t even know they’re doing it, subtle rudeness. For example: you’ve just picked up 4 bags of essentials from the supermarket with your 9 year old daughter and have to be at the school in literally 2 minutes to pick up the other daughter and are rushing back to the car when…
- some peeps are coming through the door and you’re standing next to the door waiting for them to pass, loaded with 4 bags and they just walk past you and shut the door behind themselves. Um, hello?
- You’re in the car but trying to exit the supermarket car park when some people are trying to cross the road, there’s no pedestrian signs and yet they look and see you but think “let’s go anyway, she’ll stop” and literally just walk out in front of you. HELLO?
Needless to say, I was late. Arriving home stressed, I looked around reached for some spiced chewy oat and sultana cookies. They’re a good stress buster. And anything to ram into my mouth to stop the cursing has to be good! 😉
With fall taking its grips over us now, I got in the mood for some autumn recipes. I decided some spiced chewy oat and sultana cookies would be the perfect choice. The mixture of cinnamon and mixed spice gives me that cosy ‘warm in front of the fireplace’ feeling you get when the nights draw in and cool down as they are. These are also perfect with a giant mug of hot chocolate. Warms your cockles!
The oats and honey in these cookies makes them perfectly chewy and you can taste the subtle cinnamon and mixed spices too. The sultanas add a fruity edge. They’re beautifully rich and tasty and once you’ve had one, you end up reaching for more.
Spiced Chewy Oat & Sultana Cookies Recipe
Prep Time:20 mins
Cook Time:12 mins
Yield: 16 cookies
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar (super-fine sugar)
- 100g plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 160g rolled oats
- 100g sultanas
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180/250/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease or line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Beat the caster (super-fine) sugar and butter until light and creamy.
- Add the honey, and eggs and continue to beat until combined.
- Add the spices and flour, beat to combine and finally add the oats and sultanas.
- Scoop or spoon the mixture not the prepared baking sheets, you should be able to fit 8 cookies on each sheet depending on size.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- When baked, allow to stand for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
I link up to these link parties.