Thank you so much for thinking of my blog, I’m uber flattered and honoured!
Soooo, what exactly is The Versatile Blogger Award, I hear ye scream. Basically, in a nut shell, It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise. What a great networking idea, wouldn’t you agree?
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
There are also a few add-on rules:
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
Photo courtesy of Google images
- Crazy For Crust,
- Sally’s Baking Addiction,
- I Wanna Be A Domestic Goddess,
- Alessandra Zecchini,
- Life As I Bake It,
- Cakes And Teacups,
- Sugar For The Brain,
- Raspberri Cupcakes,
- Eat. Drink. Love,
- I Am Baker,
- Go Bake Yourself,
- Jen’s Favorite Cookies,
- Baker Street,
- My Baking Addiction,
- On Sugar Mountain.
Seven random tidbits about yours truly:
- I love Coke. Not the stuff you snort, oh no, no! *shakes head* I’m talking about the beverage. I’ve drank it since as far back as I can remember, probably my teens. I can drink it everyday without fail and not get bored with it like I do other beverages. I’m also known as “The Queen of Coke” (that sounds bad if you just heard someone say it in the street, huh?).
- I have a very random sense of humour. You either get me, or you don’t. I’m not weird though, hehe! Although, my fella aka the giant man baby is worse than me, he’s a crazy!
- I have a feather baby. She’s an African Grey parrot named Ruby. I’ve had her since she was a baby, she’s now almost 5 years old. She’s hilarious too (you’d have to see to believe). I’m the only person in our family that can handle her without losing a finger! She loves me that much she regurgitates her food for me (It’s the ultimate sign of love with birds). Also, when I walk out the door, she shouts “Byeeeee!” Seriously, there’s more, she’s such a funny playful little pigeon face! My fella just taught her to make a police siren sound. Annoying mucho?!
- When I was younger, I was such a tom boy. I played with cars, never once owned a Barbie doll or similar. I was still a tom boy when I grew up. Somehow, and I don’t know where or how, my 3 children, all girls, ended up being the girliest of girls. Now, I love all things pink, fluffy, and girlie. I even love the colour pink (which I used to hate). Although, I still have my tom boyishness: I love cars (real life ones now, lol). Unfortunately, I don’t have the moolah to buy any of the super cars of my dreams, pah!
- I’m a night owl. I don’t do mornings at all. I go to bed anytime between 1:30-3:30am. I believe it has something to do with my arthritis and the meds for it. I’m often in pain and stiff during the morning/day and start feeling better after painkillers and such in the evenings, so I guess it’s that.
- I have only been baking since December 2011, the exact date since I opened this blog. With baking, I’m a perfectionist and like my ‘creations’ to look perfecto! I like to push myself to my limits which means I’m often hard on myself (I don’t realise at the time). Having this quality can either make or break but I find, with me, that it pushes me to perfect whatever I work on. If I don’t like what I’ve created, I strive for it to be better the next time around.
- And finally, would you believe that my fella and I went to nursery (kindergarten), primary school, and secondary school (high school) together?! I’ve known him since I was approx. 3-15 years old. Strangely enough, I don’t remember him much from school and it took us 29 years to find each other! Funny thing was, in secondary school, I used to like his best friend, haha! He found me on Facebook and asked me out. I liked him from the moment we met and we got on soooo well on our first date. In fact, we still do get on fantastic together. I still find it really strange we’ve been there for each other all along as kiddos and got together as adults! Oddness!
If you read all of that, you’re nominated for an award too. Want to read more? Check out my about me page.