Enjoy double the decadence with these Brownie Cookies. A crisp cookie with a ooey gooey chocolate secret, sandwiched together with an amazing Peanut Butter Frosting.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Hey guys! Did you all have a nice Easter?
Yup, I realise it’s been weeks since Easter, but having the kiddos off school for 2 weeks tends to mess with my
perfect un-organised schedule! 😆 Dude, I’mma still trying to catch up!
It’s “Mum” this, “Mum” that. I can’t even pee in peace lately! Just one of the reasons I usually bake in the evenings without any distractions.
Distractions, when you’re baking, can be the death of your desserts. Dashing off while your cake is mixing can result in an over beaten rock of a cake, or even charcoal cookies. #gross
Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happened to these poor brownie cookies. Le sigh.
I dashed off to deal with one of the kiddos’, and although the oven switched itself off from the timer, I wasn’t able to remove them from the oven in time. They over baked in this still hot oven.
The moto of the story? Food bloggers have mishaps too! 😉
I know I don’t usually post baking blunders, but I thought I’d post these in all their, umm, glory! I mean, we all have moments but it doesn’t mean they’re ruined. And thank goodness the kiddos are back at school… I wouldn’t want to rename this blog Dessert Diasters would I? 😆
These cookies (when baked for the correct amount of time!) result in a delicious yet ooey gooey brownie cookie. A crisp and crunchy exterior with the most amazing oozing soft chocolate inner.
Pairing these cookies with peanut butter frosting is the most amazing combo too! Double the decadence too when sandwiched together!
Just be sure to pull them out of the oven on time though! 😉 Thank goodness the kidlets are back at school!
Be gone baking blunders!!
Brownie Sandwich Cookies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
Enjoy double the decadence with these Brownie Sandwich Cookies, sandwiched together with an amazing peanut butter frosting.
- 350g (12oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 40g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g (⅔ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 35g (⅓ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp baking powder, sifted
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 160g (⅔ cup + 1 tbsp) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
- 280g (9¾ oz) peanut butter, smooth
- 80g (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80ml (3fl oz) single cream (half and half)
- To make the cookies, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line two baking trays with baking parchment or a silicone liner, set aside.
- Divide 200g (7oz) of the chocolate and place in a small saucepan with the butter. Heat gently over a low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the eggs sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the flour, baking powder and the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate then allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon or scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter frosting, add the butter and peanut butter into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar, a little at a time, until incorporated, then add the single cream (half and half) and beat for a further minute or two.
- Pipe or spread the peanut butter frosting onto half of the cookies and sandwich with the remaining cookies.