Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Hi everyone! I’m really excited to be doing a guest post for Lisa today (my first ever!) Sweet 2 Eat Baking was one of the first blogs I started following before taking the leap of starting my own 😀
Today’s recipe is inspired by my friend Natasha over at Butter Baking who recently made some cookies baked in paper cases.
I’m really pleased with this cookie recipe, it’s been tweaked from recipes I’ve used before and the fact they are baked in paper cases means they don’t spread and stay nice and puffy. It also means you don’t have to wait for the cookie dough to chill as normal, which is a bonus. 🙂
Start the cookie dough by melting the butter and allowing it to cool slightly. This recipe uses fridge cold eggs (unusual I know). The eggs still blend beautifully with the butter and sugar when they are cold, so don’t worry! I have to admit, I sneaked a taste of the creamed butter, sugar, vanilla and egg mixture, which tasted like vanilla ice-cream. 🙂
You are welcome just to use chocolate chips for the cookie cups (I used a mixture of milk and white chocolate), however as a delicious add-in, I made some of my peanut butter chocolate ganache that I used to ice the Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Caramel Cake. It’s really straightforward, just melt smooth peanut butter and white chocolate together, spread on a lined baking sheet and freeze for around half an hour. It can then be chopped up to use in the cookies.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yield: around 15 cookie cups
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, from the fridge
- 280g plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- ½ tsp salt
- 150g chocolate chips, of your choice
- peanut butter ganache (optional, see below)
- 60g peanut butter, smooth
- 60g white chocolate
- First, make the peanut butter ganache (if using). Melt the peanut butter and white chocolate together in the microwave. Spread on a lined baking sheet and freeze for at least half an hour. Melt the butter in a bowl and set to one side.
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C. Line a 12 hole cupcake pan with paper cases. You can either bake these in 2 batches, or (like me) save some extra dough to make regular cookies (it freezes well).
- Blend the cooled, melted butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk. The mixture will turn very thick and creamy.
- Fold in the flour, cornflour (cornstarch), salt, bicarb (baking soda) and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter ganache (if using). The dough will be quite sticky (this is due to the extra egg yolk).
- Place around 2 tbsp of dough into each case and bake for around 10 minutes until they are golden on top. The cookie cups will sink slightly when they are cooling, don’t worry, this is normal!
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack.
Inspired by Butter Baking’s Cookie Cups
Joy is the girl behind the blog, Baking Joy.
Joy started her blog in October 2012 as she likes feeding people(!) 😉 and people kept asking for her recipes. She also loves the photography aspect of blogging too.
Thank you Joy for this wonderful ooey gooey guest post. Don’t forget to checkout more of Joy’s post on her blog, Baking Joy.
Want to contribute a dessert or sweet treat recipe post on Sweet 2 Eat Baking?
Why not submit a guest post?
I link up to these link parties.