This chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt is so dreamy creamy and tastes just like cookie dough. So incredibly easy to make, you’ll be asking yourself why you haven’t made it before!
Lately I’ve been busting out the fatty jogging bottoms way too often. It’s funny that said jogging bottoms are designed with exercise in mind, yet they’re quite the opposite in this house! In fact, I think my waistline is expanding. 🙁 I’ve always been one of those peeps that can eat anything in sight and not gain and ounce. That is, until lately, I’ll be 33 in less than a months time and I think my age is catching up with my metabolism. Boo hoo!
With this in mind, I’ve been looking at ways in which I can still have my sugar fix without outgrowing the fatty pants. Oh, and did I mention that lately the giant man-baby looks as though he’s swallowed a soccer ball? Umm, yep.
And I think it’s all my fault. He should be thankful he has such a wonder woman that caters to his dessert needs!
To rectify this ever expanding problem, *pun intended* I bring you chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt. This tastes so insanely creamy and just like cookie dough that you wouldn’t even know it’s not laden with calorific ice cream instead! It really is that good!
Instead of using cows milk yogurt, I used St Helen’s Farm Natural Goats Milk Yogurt. It’s deliciously fresh from their farm (did I mention they have 27 years of experience?), all natural, full of live friendly bacteria to aid with digestion and keep things running smoothly inside, and the price isn’t too bad too for the large 450g pot.
If you have allergies to cows milk, this is such a great alternative. I couldn’t tell the difference and I’m a big yogurt fan myself. In fact, the only problem I came across is that there are only two major supermarkets that stock this yogurt – Sainsbury’s and Tesco. I found it odd that Sainsbury’s only stocked the large size, and Tesco the small.
I’ve been kicking myself asking why I haven’t made this before. It literally only takes around 15 minutes to make, then you bung it in the freezer – that’s it! No ice cream maker needed, no cooking, so easy! I’ll be keeping this in my freezer throughout the summer now… possibly forever! 😀
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt (Fro-Yo)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: approx. 2 cups (500ml)
This chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt (fro-yo) recipe is deliciously dreamy creamy, and a healthier option to ice cream.
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup ( 110g) dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (128g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (150g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (300ml) goats milk yogurt
- To make the cookie dough, beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), and salt. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and gently fold in until combined.
- To make the frozen yogurt, add the yogurt to the cookie dough mix and stir again until smooth, creamy and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and cover. Freeze until frozen, or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer around 15 minutes before serving to soften, then serve immediately.
Prep time does not include freezing time.
Subscribe via email to get sugar filled posts delivered direct to your inbox