These Cinnamon Puff Rolls have just 3 ingredients and are delicately spiced with the warming taste of cinnamon. They’re super quick and easy to make and will please pastry lovers alike.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Hey friends, happy hump day! Only a few more days until the weekend, huh?
I don’t know about you but on Wednesdays, those mid-week blues always seem to find me. Then I’ll be counting down the days until the weekend. Or as I like to call it, ‘lie-in day.’ You can’t beat a good lie-in on the weekends.
Or even a lazy weekend. Ok, I’m totally dreaming that up since I have 3 kidlets. A woman can dream! 🙂
Speaking of laziness and midweek blues, guess who’s here to cheer up your midweek blues with a quick and easy recipe?
Because today, I’m delivering a daily instalment of Cinnamon Puff Rolls. They’re also known as Cinnamon Puff Pastry Rolls or Cinnamon Cigars. However, Cinnamon Cigars just doesn’t sound very appetising does it? I mean, who’d want to eat a cigar? Eww!
Soooo… let’s talk about these Cinnamon Puff Rolls, shall we? And the awesome fact that they’re made with just 3 ingredients too.
All you need to make these rolls is just:
- Puff pastry – either homemade or store-bought,
- Ground cinnamon,
- Confectioners’ (powdered/icing) sugar.
These Cinnamon Puff Rolls are ridiculously quick and easy to make. Just a case of whisking a small amount of dry ingredients together and sprinkling over the dough, rolling the dough up, and baking – hey presto!
They’re so delicately spiced and delicious. You could even switch them up by substituting the puff pastry for Danish pastry. Using vanilla sugar inside, or and even sprinkle with rock sugar or roll in vanilla sugar straight from the oven.
Either way, they’re sure to be a huge hit with pastry lovers, and a finger-food crowd pleaser at parties.
This cinnamon puff rolls recipe definitely brightened up my midweek blues! I hope they’ll brighten you day, too.
Cinnamon Puff Pastry Rolls
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
If you love the warming taste of cinnamon, then you'll love these Cinnamon Puff Rolls. With just 3 ingredients, these delicately spiced rolls are super quick and easy to make and will please pastry lovers alike.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g (1oz or ¼ cup) confectioners' (icing/powdered) sugar
- 200g (7oz) puff pastry
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon with the icing sugar. Set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a neat rectangle, or if using ready-rolled puff pastry, then trim to about 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in). Cut into rectangles, each about 5 x 10cm (2 x 4in).
- Sprinkle each of the rectangles with around ½ tsp of the cinnamon sugar, then roll into a cigar shape - to explain this a little better, I rolled from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.
- Dust the rolls with the leftover cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet, allowing 1-2-in for spreading.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 15-30 minutes, Meanwhile, preheat you oven to 220°C (425°F), Gas mark 7.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- To serve, dust with some icing sugar (optional.)