These Frosted Peanut Butter Cake Bars are a peanut butter lovers dream! These cake bars are jam packed with peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.
Then, if you thought the peanut butter fetish was over, they’re topped off with peanut butter frosting too! #iloveyoutoo
Do you like peanut butter?
Who am I kidding, of course you do! Who doesn’t? I love peanut butter.
That’s why I decided to make the frosted peanut butter cake bars because they’re just totally laden with the awesomeness that is peanut butter.
These cake bars are so moist thanks to the peanut butter and brown sugar. They’re also incredibly indulgent, and oh so moreish.
There’s just something about these cake bars that makes you want to eat the entire batch. Maybe it’s the energy you get from the peanut butter that has you wanting more?
Or, maybe it’s the fact you feel like you could take on a marathon after eating one… a marathon of eating peanut butter cake bars, that is! 🙂
Although these cake bars are jam packed with peanut butter, if you wanted to make them sing even more, you could substitute the milk chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
Frosted Peanut Butter Cake Bars
Yield: 24 bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
A peanut butter lovers dream! These cake bars are jam packed with peanut butter and milk chocolate chips, then topped off with peanut butter frosting too! Heaven.
FOR THE CAKE BARS
- 150g (⅔ cup) butter, softened
- 165g (⅔ cup) peanut butter
- 125g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 220g (1 cup) brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g (2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pack (approx. 11 oz) milk chocolate chips
FOR THE FROSTING
- 113g (½ cup) butter, softened
- 250g (1 cup) peanut butter, smooth
- 500g (4 cups) icing (confectioners’) sugar, sifted
- 80ml (⅓ cup) single cream (half and half)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4, and grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- To make the cake bars, cream the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and both sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into the baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the baking pan.
- To make the frosting, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Then slowly beat in ½ of the icing sugar, add the cream or half and half then beat in the remaining icing sugar. If necessary, add a little more cream to reach speeding consistency.
- Spread the buttercream frosting evenly over the cooled bars and allow to set before cutting into bars.
Subscribe via email to get sugar-filled posts delivered to your inbox!