With this Homemade Microwave Lemon Curd Recipe, you’ll never ever have to buy lemon curd (or any kind of curd) ever again! A fool-proof recipe that comes together in less than 10 minutes, using simple store-cupboard ingredients.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Hi friends! I know I’ve been absent from the blog again.
First of all, I’m OK – thanks to those of you that reached out to ask. I’ve just been struggling a bit with my illness.
As I’ve explained before and again for new readers, I have chronic arthritis. I’ve had it since I was 13. I’m now 35. For some reason last year, the hospital consultant I had been seeing for around 15 years must’ve got her wires crossed and removed my medication.
Understandably, things went downhill for me since the medication was removed. And I’m still waiting to go back on it a year later! I’m going back on just one of them (the cheap stuff!) later this month.
I’ve had to take things easy ever since. With each day that passes, things are getting worse. More swollen joints, aches and pains, and so on.
This has meant that it’s been super difficult for me to continue leading the active lifestyle I was so used to, and things have suffered. My blog included! Definitely not what I wanted at all!
I’m trying to post more often, but it’s so hard when you can barely move without the pain. So for the next month or so, I’m going to have to make easy sweets and treats to compensate.
And you couldn’t get any more simple and easy than this Homemade Microwave Lemon Curd.
It’s really just a case of mixing a few store cupboard ingredients together, whacking in the microwave, and nuking on full power in one minute bursts, stirring in-between each burst, until thickened. That’s really it and you get the most perfect tangy lemon curd you’ve ever tasted, and no worrying over scrambled curd!
Another great thing about lemon curd recipe is that you can switch up the lemon for any citrus fruit too. Grapefruit curd, lime curd, orange curd… a lemon and lime curd sounds pretty good right now too.
Don’t forget to stop back later in the week to see what I used this curd for, it’s a keeper! 😉
Homemade Microwave Lemon Curd
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
With this Homemade Microwave Lemon Curd recipe, you'll never need to buy lemon curd again. Made in the microwave with simple store-cupboard ingredient, this curd comes together in under 10 minutes.
- 115g (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 225g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 240ml (1 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice (around 4 large lemons)
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave for around 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and lemon juice, and whisk until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high in one-minute bursts, whisking well after each burst, until the mixture thickens enough that it coats the back of a spoon. This took around 6 minutes for me using a 800W microwave. The time may vary depending on your microwave's power.
- Once thickened, transfer into an airtight container or jar, pressing plastic wrap onto the curd to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to cool and set.
- Once cool, remove the plastic wrap and replace with the lid.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks, or in the freezer for longer.
What would you use this homemade microwave lemon curd for?
Recipes that use Homemade Lemon Curd from fellow bloggers:
Lemon Curd Pound Cake with Limoncello Glaze by Cookies & Cups
Lemon Layer Cake with Homemade Lemon Curd and Mascarpone Frosting by I am Baker
Triple Lemon Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust
Could we adapt this recipe to include limoncello?