You’re going to love these individual Key Lime Cheesecakes. Super quick and easy to make with a key lime curd topping, and even a sprinkle of key lime zest too. A perfect no bake recipe to enjoy this summer.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Happy Friday guys! How are you enjoying summer so far?
I’m totally loving it! We’re getting some fantastic sunny, warm weather at the moment. I even went out and bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite so I could relax out in the garden with a good book in the sun. 🙂
Only that hasn’t happened yet. I keep meaning to but then get distracted in the kitchen thinking of summer desserts to make.
I will go out in the garden before summer ends! *repeat x165,285,597* 😆
The one big deal breaker for summer here in England is the humidity. Curse you, humidity!
I mean, you must’ve heard the British weather stereotype – always raining. And in most cases, that’s true too! But we do sometimes get the good summer scorchers.
Okay, maybe it’s not as hot here as, say California, or even Australia, but it did reach around 38°C (100°F) last week! And you know what? Us Brits were completely caught off guard… roads actually melted in the heat! Aye caramba!
And when it does get hot here, it’s the muggy hotness that kills us. That, and the fact we’re not used to it! 😆
So when it comes to heating the oven in sticky hot weather, that’s the biggest deal breaker for someone, like me, who loves to bake.
Instead I wanted to make a sweet refreshing dessert that can either be no bake, or even baked should you so desire.
I decided to go with these delicious key lime cheesecakes. 🙂
These key lime cheesecakes have a crunchy digestive biscuit (graham cracker) crumb base with a creamy cheesecake filling, and an amazing key lime curd topping. Not to forget a sprinkle of lime zest too.
And they’re cooked in just 1 minute 30 in the microwave too! Super quick and easy to make, this recipe for key lime cheesecakes will be sure to become a summer favourite.
Key Lime Cheesecakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
These Key Lime Cheesecakes are super quick and easy no bake dessert. With key lime curd and zest, these key lime cheesecakes recipe are perfect to enjoy this summer.
- 14g (1 tbsp) butter
- 60g (½ cup, packed) digestive biscuits (graham crackers) crumbs
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 90g (⅓ heaped cup or 6 tbsp) cream cheese
- 60g (4 tbsp) sour cream
- 90g (6 tbsp) granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 92g (4 heaped tbsp) key lime curd
- lemon zest, optional
- In a microwave-safe cup or mug, melt the butter for 10-20 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Crush the digestive biscuits (graham crackers) using either a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Add the butter to the crumbs, divide evenly into two microwave safe jars (or ramekins) and press into the bottom. I found this easier using the bottom of a extract bottle for slim mouthed jars.
- In another medium bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, salt, and cornflour (cornstarch). Whisk gently until smooth then spoon or pour the mixture evenly into both jars.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 second bursts, alternating between jars, for 1 minute 30 seconds. For example, pop first jar in microwave for 30 seconds, remove then pop the second jar in for 30 seconds, then return back to the first jar again and repeating for 3x 30 second bursts between jars.
- Once cooked, allow to cool to room temperature before topping with the key lime curd. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, top with a little key lime or regular lime zest. Serve chilled.
- You will need two microwave safe 350ml (1½ cups) sized jars or ramekins for this recipe.
- You can use homemade key lime curd (switch up the lemons for either key limes or regular limes) or store-bought for this recipe.
- If you can't find key limes or key lime curd, feel free to substitute for regular limes.
- This recipe can easily be halved for single serve.
- Want to bake this dessert? Preheat your oven to 160°C (325°F) and bake for around 10 minutes.