These Tropical Granola Bars will get you in the summer mood. Made with desiccated coconut, dried pineapple, pureed banana and banana chips. A quick and easy recipe that is perfect for a snack, great to pack away in lunch boxes, or grab for a satisfying breakfast on the go.
These tropical granola bars are also gluten and dairy free, and are made with gluten and dairy free porridge oats by Delicious Alchemy.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Hey friends! How was your week and weekend? Mine was great. It seems that summer has finally arrived and I’m loving it!
I’ve been enjoying the warm weather so much, it has inspired me to create the taste of exotic with these tropical granola bars. 🙂
I can’t even begin to explain how much I love the warm weather that summer brings – it’s my favourite season. And with the warmth brings a new lease of life. The warmth always seems to penetrate my stiff arthritic bones and loosen them a little. It’s the little things, eh?
As with most illnesses, I’ve heard the questions a million times on diet. In fact, if I had £1 for each time someone has asked me about trying a gluten or dairy free diet, I’d be rich right now!
I’ve heard of cases where people like myself have converted to a gluten and dairy free lifestyle, and it has cleared their condition. And because coeliac awareness week was May 11th-17th, this has me thinking. It’s worth a shot, right? Especially since I’m off my meds.
In fact, Delicious Alchemy was born by Emma Killilea, who herself after being diagnosed with coelic, was frustrated by the lack of natural, delicious and healthy gluten free foods. I don’t blame her too. Supermarkets only stock a very small section of gluten free foods!
You can read more of Emma’s Story here.
Delicious Alchemy has done a wonderful job in providing a wide range of gluten free products. Whether you suffer with coeliac, another illness that requires a gluten free diet, foodie fanatic, or just gluten free by choice; there’s something for everyone.
- Gluten free baking mixes:
- Oaty Cookie Mix
- Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Vanilla Sponge Mix
- Gluten free bread mixes – both white and brown
- Gluten free breakfast products:
- Oats bag
- Rice flake porridge oats
- Oaty fruity muesli
- Golden syrup flavour instant porridge oats pot
- Original flavour instant porridge oats pot
- Golden syrup flavour quick cook porridge sachets
- Original flavour quick cook porridge sachets
All of their mixes are not only gluten, but also dairy free too! Definitely something for everyone regardless of your dietary choices! 🙂
You can find Delicious Alchemy’s products both online and in-stores. You can also get 20% off all of their products by visiting the Delicious Alchemy webstore and entering the code DA20%off at checkout.
All of their mixes are clearly labeled and easy to follow and taste absolutely delicious. You’d never know they were gluten and dairy free.
They’re also a breeze to bake with too, coming out perfectly each time. No baking skills needed here. This makes their products stand out from the [small] crowd, and makes a gluten-free lifestyle simple, convenient and tasty with the help of their products.
They mixes can easily make delicious porridge, cupcakes, brownies, and anything that takes your fancy with little bit of imagination.
I decided to use the Delicious Alchemy original flavour porridge oats to create a recipe for granola bars. And since it’s summer, I thought I’d go for something exotic flavoured with these tropical granola bars.
These granola bars are also gluten and dairy free to fit with Delicious Alchemy’s gluten and dairy free philosophy by substituting butter for coconut oil, and I substituted the an egg for banana puree to bind together.
These tropical granola bars are flavoured with desiccated coconut, dried pineapple, banana chips and pureed banana, but you can substitute with whatever flavoured fruits fruits and nuts of your choice.
Pop these chewy bars in your lunchbox, enjoy for breakfast on the go, or as a snack whenever you like.
Tropical (Coconut, Pineapple and Banana) Granola Bars - Gluten and Dairy Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 8 bars
These Tropical Granola Bars will get you in the summer mood. Made with desiccated coconut, dried pineapple, pureed banana and banana chips. They're also gluten and dairy free.
- 250g (2½ cups) gluten and dairy free oats
- 90g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 50g (⅓ cup) dried pineapple
- 18g (scant ¼ cup) banana chips
- 2 (heaped) tbsp chopped nuts
- 175g (½ cup) runny honey
- 105g (½ cup) coconut oil, in solid form
- 100g (½ cup packed) light brown sugar
- 1 banana
- Prepare a 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel and puree the banana with a small bowl using a fork, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, desiccated coconut, chopped nuts of your choice (I used walnuts), Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the honey, coconut oil and brown sugar and cook over a medium heat until bubbling. Allow to gently simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until evenly coated. If the mixture seems a little dry still add a little of the pureed banana, mixing in-between until the mixture binds together, but isn't too wet. It just needs the banana as a binding agent to ensure the bars don't crumble apart.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan and even out using a spatula.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to the fridge to set completely. Once set, chop into bars and enjoy.