These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favourite go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Made with brown butter which really amps up the flavour, and loaded with chocolate chips, they’re moist, chewy and super indulgent.
Both of my younger children have been on fun activities today with their school.
My youngest daughter, Abbi, went to Colwick Park – our local park that has lakes and a climbing activity centre. And my middle daughter went to Drayton Major – a theme park an hour away.
Abbi came back with fun stories on how she’d climbed to the very top of the tall climbing frame, and trust me, it’s tall. I recently commented on how I’d like to climb to the top when we took our dog for a walk. She was also laughing at the fact how the man working with the children had been playing pranks on them and literally throwing them into the water, and how cold the water was!
Collette was telling me how she’d been on most of the big girl rides, how wet she got on the water rides, and how they waited for *agggeeesss* waiting in a long queue for this one ride, how they were next in line and the ride had broken down.
Apparently she was super helpful in telling everyone still waiting in line on the way down how the ride had broken down. #ificantridenobodyelsecan
Of course that meant when they arrived home the first thing they said was not “Hi Mum.” or “How was your day?”, it was nothing more than “Can we have chocolate chip cookies? They’re delicious.” Kids, eh?
Oh so welcoming. But since they’d been spending the day burning off a shedload of energy, me and the chocolate chip cookies were already on standby.
These chocolate chip cookies are now my favourite go to cookie recipe. They’re made with brown butter which really packs a punch flavour-wise. They’re also moist and chewy too, and loaded with milk chocolate chips – all my favourite things in a chocolate chip cookie!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 60 small cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
These chocolate chip cookies are my favourite go to recipe. Made with brown butter and loaded with chocolate chips, they’re moist, chewy and super indulgent.
- 225g (1 cup) brown butter, softened
- 280g (2¼ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 150g (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 14oz (2½ cups) milk chocolate chips
- Brown the butter by cutting cold butter into small cubes and placing into a saucepan on light-medium heat. Whisk continuously until the butter starts to fizz up for the 2nd time. As soon as it starts to brown, immediately take off the heat and allow to cool fully then store in the fridge until at least 30 minutes before use.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl, then beat the brown butter, both the sugars with vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition, then add the flour mixture. Fold in 2 cups of chocolate chips, reserving ½ cup for later.
- Roll the cookies into ½ tbsp balls onto a parchment or silicone lined baking tray. I found it easier using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop then chopping into half with a bench scraper then rolling.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F, and line 3 baking trays with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Chill the cookies in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, then roll half in the reserved ½ cup chocolate chips and roll a little so they stick into the dough.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes then allow to cool in the tray for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from my Strawberry, Roasted Hazelnut, Dark and White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Subscribe via email to get sugar-filled posts delivered to your inbox!