These individual Lemon Curd Cheesecakes are so quick and easy to make. And can be made in around 5 minutes (excluding chilling time). Lemon curd cheesecakes are absolutely perfect for a refreshing treat this summer.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Hey guys! Is summer in full force for you too?
Last week we had one of the hottest days of the year. Living in England means no-one has air conditioning in their homes. For 1-2 weeks of the year why bother, right?
WRONG! We were actually m.e.l.t.i.n.g! Now I know you’ll laugh because our temps of 36°C/96°F are probably laughable to those of you that experience weather hotter than that, but can I just say us Brits aren’t used to that sudden raise in temperatures! 😆
Oh, and the fact that the humanity was at around 80% too. #sweatfest
Since it was was too hot, I had the summer fear of turning the oven on and heating up your house to even more of an unbearable heat. So I opted to create the most perfect summer treat and transform it into a ridiculously easy no bake dessert.
I bring you Lemon Curd Cheesecakes.
But these lemon curd cheesecakes aren’t just any type of cheesecake. Oh no, these lemon curd cheesecakes
are amazingly quick to prepare – taking around just 5 minutes to prepare – and are in individual jars.
I guess that should stop the temptation to inhale a whole regular cheesecake, right? With me though, I just want to inhale both of these individual lemon curd cheesecakes!!
These lemon curd cheesecakes are cooked in the microwave for a quick dessert, but could also be popped in oven-safe containers or ramekins and baked for 10 minutes.
I also used a store-bought lemon curd in this recipe to ensure the recipe is so quick and easy too, but you are more than welcome to make your own lemon curd.
In fact, you can even switch it up to whatever flavoured curds you wish to create a completely different dessert flavour. The choice is yours. 🙂
These lemon curd cheesecakes are made with crushed digestive biscuits or graham crackers (depending on your location), then the delicious cheesecake filling in the middle and topped with delicious lemon curd.
Not forgetting the zesty sprinkling on top too. 🙂
Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:1 minute
These individual Lemon Curd Cheesecakes are so quick and easy to make, are no bake, and are absolutely perfect for a refreshing treat this summer.
- 14g (1 tbsp) butter
- 60g (½ cup, packed) digestive biscuits or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 90g (⅓ heaped cup or 6 tbsp) cream cheese
- 60g (4 tbsp) sour cream
- 90g (6 tbsp) granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cornflour (cornstarch)
- 92g (4 heaped tbsp) lemon curd
- lemon zest, optional
- In a microwave-safe cup or mug, melt the butter for 10-20 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Crush the digestive biscuits or graham crackers using either a food processor or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Add the butter to the crumbs, divide evenly into two microwave safe jars (or ramekins) and press into the bottom. I found this easier using the bottom of a extract bottle for slim mouthed jars.
- In another medium bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, salt, and cornflour (cornstarch). Whisk gently until smooth then spoon or pour the mixture evenly into both jars.
- Cook in the microwave for 30 second bursts, alternating between jars, for 1 minute 30 seconds. For example, pop first jar in microwave for 30 seconds, remove then pop the second jar in for 30 seconds, then return back to the first jar again and repeating for 3x 30 second bursts between jars.
- Once cooked, allow to cool to room temperature before topping with the lemon curd. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, top with a little lemon zest. Serve chilled.
You will need two (2) 350ml (1½ cups) sized jars or ramekins for this recipe.