I know, I know. This isn’t a dessert recipe, but since it’s summer n’ all. It just seemed too good not to share such a lovely outdoors recipe.
Normal sugar will be resumed shortly.
Summer Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5-8 mins
- ½ cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 whole green or red peppers
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 red onion
- 2 zucchini (courgette)
- 12 10-inch skewers, soaked in water for at least 1/2 hour
- To make the marinade, Place marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until fully combined. Clean, peel and devein shrimp. Cut fruits and vegetables into 1” square pieces. Add all kebob ingredients to bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate for minimum one hour or overnight. Assemble kebobs. Reserve and refrigerate leftover marinade in an airtight container and use for basting kebobs during grilling.
- To make the kabobs, Place on low to medium heat on grill for 5-8 minutes until shrimp turns pink and becomes firm, turning and frequently brushing with marinade. Discard leftover marinade. Recipe can also be used for pork, beef or chicken. Cooking time will increase.