These festive Oreo & Peanut Butter Candy Cane Truffles are flavoured with peppermint extract and smothered in rich dark chocolate. Magically sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Sweet 2 Eat Baking’s email subscription and never miss out again!
Heard of AA meetings?
Well, I think there should be a new one… ‘OO’.
Otherwise known as… Oreo Obsession. I know I’d have to go to those meetings and I’m hoping I won’t be alone! 😉
Who’s going to accompany me?
Ever since that magical day when Oreos finally hit the shelves in the UK (more about that here), I’ve been a member of OO.
Who wouldn’t be? Those sandwiched chocolate crisp cookies and the sweet vanilla cream are like a party in your mouth.
It was a no brainer that I wanted to use Oreos in my truffles.
Candy Cane Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
And not just Oreos, but peanut butter too!
And because it’s Christmas time, I wanted that festive touch too. The candy canes and the peppermint extract dealt with that issue. And smothered in luxurious dark chocolate too. Who could say no?
The candy cane chocolate Oreo truffles also make a great gift idea too when perfectly presented in mini cupcake liners and in a cellophane bag completed in a festive ribbon and gift tag. 😀
Candy Cane Chocolate Oreo Truffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 24 truffles
Festive Oreo & Peanut Butter Candy Cane Truffles. Flavoured with peppermint extract and smothered in rich dark chocolate. Magically sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
- 150g (½ cup + 2tbsp) cream cheese
- 1 pack (approx. 150g/6oz) Oreo cookies
- 1-1½ cups dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
- ½-1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- Blend the cream cheese with the Oreo cookies in a food processor until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the peanut butter (if using) and the peppermint extract to taste and mix thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours until the cookies absorb the cream cheese, peanut butter and peppermint extract and to harden up.
- Scoop balls no larger than 1 tbsp in width and roll placing on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each one, until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Dip the cookie balls into the melted chocolate covering the entire cookie ball, allow excess chocolate to drip before placing on parchment paper.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes into each truffle immediately after dipping to adhere.
- Allow to set and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.